by Michael Holland
A leader is developed over time, just as your body develops. A healthy lifestyle and eating well will produce a healthy body, spirit and outlook. The same can be said for growing your leadership wisdom. Investing time, energy, and focus on your leadership capacity will yield leadership wisdom.
A healthy leadership menu might consist of the following:
- Read any chapter of a current best-selling business book.
- Coach a Little League team.
- Sit in a busy restaurant and study the interactions, conversations and facial expressions of the staff.
- Every day, write down one thing you accomplished during the day that makes you proud of yourself.
- Carve out 15 minutes from your schedule this week for “thinking” time.
- Have lunch with someone who you find difficult to work with.
- Meditate upon and visualize yourself in a successful leadership interaction/event.
- Ask a peer for feedback.
- Volunteer for one hour a month somewhere . . . anywhere.
- Pick a process/team interaction point to analyze this month. How would the CEO assess the item?
Start building your leadership wisdom today!
Leave A Comment