Building a strong team is both possible – and remarkably simple.
When you are able to give your team the tools to work through issues that every organization faces, you are able to set them up for success. You are able to reduce turnover. And you are able to directly impact your organization, your team and yourself in a good way.
The good news is…we can help you to get there! How? The first step is to find out where your team’s strengths and weaknesses lie with a proven team assessment model, The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team. Participants will learn how, as a team, they score on the key components of the model: trust, conflict, commitment, accountability and results.
Each member of your team will complete a confidential, anonymous survey including the following:
- Team Survey Questions, which address how often a statement is true for the team
- Team Culture Questions, which address broad aspects of the team culture.
The result is a 36-page, in-depth profile that provides both individual and team feedback. We will use these results to deliver a program that is highly customized to the unique needs of your team and your organization, that will equip your team with the tools they need to become a productive, high-functioning team.
The single most untapped competitive advantage is teamwork. To gain this advantage, teams must:
Trust One Another – When team members are genuinely transparent and honest with one another, they are able to build vulnerability-based trust.
Engage in Conflict Around Ideas – When there is trust, team members are able to engage in unfiltered, constructive debate of ideas.
Commit to Decisions – When team members are able to offer opinions and debate ideas, they will be more likely to commit to decisions.
Hold One Another Accountable – When everyone is committed to a clear plan of action, they will be more willing to hold one another accountable.
Focus on Achieving Collective Results – The ultimate goal of building greater trust, conflict, commitment, and accountability is one thing: the achievement of results.
The Five Behaviors Model is used to help team members learn to work together more efficiently and effectively and become a more cohesive team. A productive, high-functioning team:
- Makes better, faster decisions
- Taps into the skills and opinions of all members
- Avoids wasting time and energy on politics, confusion, and destructive conflict
- Avoids wasting time talking about the wrong issues and revisiting the same topics over and over again because of a lack of buy-in
- Creates a competitive advantage
- Is more fun to be on!
This one-day program is designed to help team members understand how they and the team score on the key components of the Five Behaviors model. Overview of the program:
- Introduction to the Five Behaviors model and review of current team score
- Explore the team’s current trust level and how their behavioral styles impact trust
- Understand different approaches to conflict and explore healthy and productive debate
- Evaluate and discuss the team’s current level of commitment
- Explore the team’s current level of accountability
- Understanding of the team’s expectations and focus on collective results
The team journey is a deep dive into the key components of what makes a cohesive team. It is a comprehensive, team-transforming experience, and includes the following:
- Individual Kickoff Meetings
- Group Kickoff Session, leveraging the Everything DiSC Workplace profile to enable team members to understand and explore the priorities of themselves and others
- Full-Day Introduction to the Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team Model, the team’s results, and the first of the Five Behaviors: Building Trust
- Five Half-Day Sessions providing a deep study of the team behaviors including engaging in healthy conflict, fully committing to decisions, enabling accountability and focusing on achieving collective results.
- Team Leader Coaching, to individually support and encourage the team’s leader in leading the team forward through the process
- Team Coaching Session, delivered several weeks after the last half-day session, providing situational exploration of the team’s behaviors and how the team is making new habits sticky.
What do you do when your patients are happy…but your hospital staff isn’t? A healthcare leader at one of “America’s 50 Best Hospitals” turns to The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team to transform a diverse department into a healthy team. Read the success story of this Fort Myers hospital.
Robin Perry recently led the leadership team at the Alliance for Positive Health through the process. Click on the video to hear what they had to say.
Let us contact you about bringing The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™ to your organization!