A survey by Harvard Business Review found that the top 3 reasons coaches are engaged are:
2. Act as a Sounding Board = 26%
3. Address Derailing Behavior = 12%
Bishop House’s Executive Coaching is for senior leaders who not only lead leaders who lead other leaders but also are key influencers in their companies. Developed for active executives, our customized programs allow us to work one-on-one with the executive to develop skills and strategies to increase their impact and enhance the value they bring to the organizations.
Executives leverage coaching for a variety of reasons:
- To broaden & deepen impact. To explore how an adjustment in behavior could impact both leadership effectiveness and the executive’s impact on the organization.
- To provide independent advice. To provide independent advice and counsel during times of rapid change such as a promotion, new assignment, organizational expansion, or contraction.
- To be an intelligent, objective sounding board. For motivation, affirmation of abilities, brainstorming, or just simply an intelligent, objective sounding board.
- To provide one-on-one leadership development. To teach new – or refresh old – leadership skills, techniques and methodologies.
Our process incorporates several approaches to dissect the professional life of an executive and create action plans to which the executive can be held accountable. Generally, most coaching projects include the following stages:
- Assessment – Investigating and assessing the leader’s relationship with the business, interaction with key stakeholders, personal and professional goals, and leadership style. Various Everything DiSC assessments tools such as the Everything DiSC Workplace and/or Everything DiSC Management are utilized to help the leader can objective insight to their leadership style while a 360-degree feedback survey can provide insight of stakeholder perception of the leader’s leadership behavior.
- Action Planning – Developing plans to which the leader can be held accountable.
- Situational Leadership Coaching – As the relationship grows between the leadership coach and the leader, opportunities are leveraged to provide direct, sensitive coaching to the leader in varying degrees of intensity. Using real-life situations, the Bishop House Coach works with the leader to build upon their personal leadership style, deploying new and/or enhanced leadership behaviors.
We’ve been successful working with executives from a variety of industries and corporate structures, helping executives explore the best ways to increase their impact on the organization.