Management Training for All Leaders
Management Training for All Leaders
We have worked with thousands of leaders through delivery of customized management development projects and individual leadership and executive coaching programs. We work intimately with organizations to understand their culture and current leadership maturity so that we can build customized learning processes that are specifically tailored to the unique dynamics of the organization. We then leverage these customized learning processes to increase manager knowledge, and require managers to practice applying this knowledge both in the classroom and back in the real world.
Our Recommended Courses for Building Great Leaders
Quite often we see the following needs for management development endeavors:
- Clarifying the role individuals play as managers and leaders
- Improving management communications
- Building mature relationships with employees and peers
- Practicing coaching skills for improving performance
- Leading and motivating teams
Adults learn through exploration and discovery, so our programs are very interactive with minimal lecture. We structure most classes as half day sessions allowing for optimal learning attention span. With successive classes, we space the timing of the training sessions to allow for 3 to 4 weeks between sessions. Participants then have time to practice new skills and behaviors in the real world, making them stickier. They will also use this time to complete assignments which will reinforce the learning.
- Reflect on how you perceive yourself as a leader.
- Examine management versus leadership behaviors.
- Explore common leadership theories and impacts of different leadership approaches.
- Identify changes you want to make in your leadership approaches.
“We know that leadership is very much related to change. As the pace of change accelerates, there is naturally a greater need for effective leadership.” – John Kotter
- Determine the importance of delegation and how to delegate to different styles.
- Determine a plan on how to delegate and manage work effectively.
- Discuss the different types of change that exist in organizations.
- Understand how individuals move through the transition process.
- Discuss resistance to change and how to overcome it.
- Learn DiSC styles including behaviors, strengths & weaknesses of each.
- Increase awareness of your personal management preferences.
- Explore the influence of your management style.
- Learn a method for recognizing others’ styles and how to adapt.
- Understand the importance of all of your communication as a manager.
- Understand what you can do to increase the likelihood that your communication is effective.
- Build communication skills related to listening and active listening.
- Learn the impact of different communication methods and being purposeful in selecting the best method for your message.
- Understand and practice packaging a message.
“Dream big and dare to fail.” – Norman Vaughn
- Examine the importance of the work environment.
- Understand the impact a Manager has on the work environment.
- Gain insight into employee motivation.
- Identify approaches to support motivation of employees with different styles.
- Create an action plan for creating a motivating environment.
“A manager is responsible for the application and performance of knowledge.” – Peter Drucker
- Understand the role of a coach and the importance of being an effective coach.
- Understand how one’s style impacts the way in which you coach them.
- Identify the 5 types of performance needs.
- Understand how to prepare for and deliver a coaching conversation.
- Identify different ways in which a coaching conversation can be sidetracked and how to manage those situations.
“Managing is nothing more than motivating other people.” – Lee Iacocca
- Learn counseling approaches when coaching isn’t successful.
- Explore the objectives and challenges of performance reviews.
- Understand how to make reviews objective.
- Identify steps to effectively crafting & delivering performance reviews.
“Time management is an oxymoron. Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have.” – John C. Maxwell
- Examine your habits in how you manage your work and time.
- Explore best practices and tools related to prioritizing and managing work and time.
- Identify the key elements to conducting effective meetings.
- Understand different types of meetings and the benefits of each.
- Learn how and when to delegate, including critical steps to insure success when delegating.
Contact us today to find out how we can help you build your leadership capacity.
We would be happy to contact you with more information on management training.