Training and TeamsMichael Holland
Your team CAN do better. Building a strong, cohesive, well-functioning team is both possible and remarkably simple. Successful teams leverage trusted relationships to engage in healthy conflict so that they are committed to decisions. A committed team will hold each other accountable and achieve collective results.
The foundation of a healthy team is built upon trust within the team and among all team members.
Conflict on teams doesn’t have to be all negative. Healthy, cohesive teams engage in healthy conflict around ideas with freedom to disagree with each other.
Team members who know and understand their personal communications style are better able to improve their understanding of the people with whom they work. Everything DiSC helps individuals learn new ways of building more effective relationships and enables teams to improve their team behaviors.
The Five Behaviors Model is used to help team members learn to work together more efficiently and effectively and become a more cohesive team. A productive, high-functioning team:
- Makes better, faster decisions
- Taps into the skills and opinions of all members
- Avoids wasting time and energy on politics, confusion, and destructive conflict
- Avoids wasting time talking about the wrong issues and revisiting the same topics over and over again because of a lack of buy-in
- Creates a competitive advantage
- Is more fun to be on!
Building Cohesive Teams