by Michael Holland
Looking for a creative and cheap way to practice your leadership skills? Be a kid again and play some games. Here are some game ideas and the associated skill areas.
- Blokus, Chess or Backgammon – strategic thinking, patience
- Charades – situational agility, team work
- Halo – executive politics
- Rock Band – team work
- Twister – relationship building
- Monopoly – winning it all . . . and putting it all back in the box
- Nerf Gun Wars – focusing, agility
- Scrabble – performance review terminology
- Settlers of Catan – budgeting, resource planning
- Wii Fit – stamina
- Risk – strategic thinking, execution, agility and decisiveness
- Bananagrams – creativity, flexibility, adjusting course
Gather a few peers, play a game and increase your leadership skills. And maybe you’ll laugh a bit along the way.
Have a game you’d like to add to our list? Share your game idea on our Facebook page.